NEWS

Kericho Governor wants County to embrace women in leadership – KBC

on

Download Mp3 or Play

Kericho is one of the leading counties in Kenya that has adopted a preferential measure in appointing women to leadership positions.

Schedule KBC Radio_KICD

Kericho Governor Professor Paul Chepkwony, says 65 percent of Kericho County government employees are women while the remaining 35 percent are men.

Chepkwony also revealed that one-third of all tenders in the County are reserved for women and youth, and urged them to take advantage of the opportunity.

“What a man can do, a woman can do better. Women give birth to men and so they are strong and should not be afraid. They should come forward to fight for opportunities and even top positions in the Government, ”he said.

Getting broken information on your Phone as it happens. Send SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

At the same time, Chepkwony encouraged his colleagues in other counties to involve more women and youth in leadership positions and job opportunities, saying it would not only create inequality but also enhance social change.

“Women are highly educated and have positive ideas that can change the world. This is evident in the current good leadership in Tanzania. President Samia Suluhu Hassan is an inspiration to young girls and women in the world. We have no choice but to accept and include women in leadership, “Chepkwony said.

On March 25, 2021 the Governor appointed Ms. Lily Chepngetich Ngok as the new Deputy Governor following the death of Susan Kikwai, who was defeated by COVID-19.

Kericho County Assembly last week approved the appointment of Ms Ngok and she is expected to be sworn in as the new Kericho County Deputy Governor.

KBC-You-tap-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think

(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s);
js.id = id;
js.src = “https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.5”;
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));

About Anna Jebet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *