General News

FAO Announces All Counties Except Samburu Without Desert Locusts

on

The desert locusts that invaded 25 counties in Kenya have been included in all devolution units except Samburu, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has announced.

Download Mp3 or Play

In a statement on a locust swarm on Monday, the United Nations said the only known group of groups was now in Barsaloi, Samburu County.

“The team conducts research for any crowd that has not been spotted. Otherwise, some affected counties now do not have locusts. We remain vigilant, and we have also increased the standard of living, ”FAO said in a tweet.

Last week FAO showed that desert locusts were declining in the Horn of Africa, leading to a trend for greater control activities and poor rainfall.

locusts

Earlier this month, State Spokesman Cyrus Oguna declared a successful war against locusts, revealing that the locusts could be released in mid-April.

Read: The government has not set aside Ksh3.2 Billion to combat the Second Wave of Locust Invasion

The first wave of raids was first reported in December 2019.

The locusts invaded counties bordering Ethiopia and Somalia and threatened food security in those regions.

In the fight against locusts the government also worked with the East African Desert Control Agency (DLCEO) and the World Bank.

Send an email with news tips to news@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254708677607. You can also find us on Telegram via www.t.me/kahawatungu

Post FAO Announces All Counties Except Samburu Without Desert Locusts appeared first in CoffeeTungu.

About Collins Ouma

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *